Some Kind of Wicked at the Fox

My buddy Michele and I went to the Fox Theatre to see Wicked today. Had a great time. The Fox is one of Atlanta's greatest treasures, and it is always a special treat to attend a play or concert there. I may have seen a movie there too, but it was a long time ago.

Just to think...overzealous developers almost had this theatre destroyed back in the 70s. Oh yeah, Wicked was great too and I'm not much of a musical kind of guy. I noticed that they used silver slippers in this production instead of the ruby ones of The Wizard of Oz fame, to be true to the book.

Oh, and preceding the play, we had a wonderful lunch at another Atlanta landmark, Mary Mac's Tea Room. Atlanta can be so much fun.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief