When typing in the URL bar in Google Chrome, Chrome offers all sorts of suggestions. You want to prevent this from happening or at least remove some of the suggestions.
- In Chrome, press Ctrl+H.to display your browsing history. Delete the items you want or delete all of them.
- On the Chrome Settings page, click Show advanced settings (at the bottom of the page).
- Uncheck Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar if it is checked.
- Delete any bookmarks that you do not want to appear. (This is the part that many answers miss.)
- Close Chrome and restart it.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+N each time you start Chrome so that Chrome will not track your Internet history.
- If you use other computers when signed into Chrome with the same account, you may have to repeat these steps on your other computers if your settings a synced.
Please let me know if this works or not for you. I appreciate the input.