Gloomy Day Blues


Update: Ah, the sun is starting to shine a bit through the clouds.

I know we need the rain, but this gloomy weather, cold, and short days are working at me this weekend. I have SAD. I typically can get through the winter okay if there are sunny days, but I haven't seen the sun since early Friday morning, and it is just getting to me. After doing a bit of shopping Friday, I came home and have not left it since.

I have been sleeping later this weekend because there is no sun to wake me up. While I do get up and out of bed, I stay pretty homebound unless I have set plans. At least I've managed to get some more junk thrown out of my office and bedroom. I've fixed my iPod problem (mostly), and I am nearing an end to ripping my CDs with the goal of selling some and giving away the rest.

Monday will tear me out of this mood I hope, since I have to go to work. Anyone else suffer from SAD? If so, how do you deal with it?

Comments

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. can I relate to what you're going through! Combine the gloomy weather with the fact that I'm forcing myself not to go out so much in an effort to use less gas, and I'm basically in a deep funk. I've got to get out more to try and reverse this downward spiral. Usually what helps is 1)getting out, 2)spending time with friends and laughing, 3)doing some photography. The photography is usually a great anti-depressant for me. One positive note, I'm heading for Hawaii for 3 1/2 months on Jan 6.
    The SOS is because I think we (all of us in this country) are headed for big trouble with Obama as our incoming president. I can tell from your posts that we are diametrically opposed politically, but that's how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wintering in Hawaii. Good luck and enjoy.

    I guess you feel like I have the past eight years with Bush in office. However, I did not fly the flag upside down. According to USFlag.org, "The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal." You are showing it upside down as a political statement, which dishonors the flag.

    BTW, since Obama isn't even in office yet, what is it that you fear about him?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief