Future Job Creation


Here is a job forecast from the folks at Kiplinger.com:
...a pledge to invest $150 billion in alternative energy over the next decade and to create five million "green" jobs could tap thousands of engineers, scientists, equipment manufacturers and operators in the automotive, transportation, chemical and technology industries. Education initiatives could provide opportunities for educators as well as academic counselors. Some $60 billion earmarked for infrastructure spending over ten years would demand civil engineers to plan cities and towns, and construction workers to build roads and bridges. And a push to supply broadband to every community could create thousands of telecom jobs.
I'm guessing that some of this work will involve technical writers. We do have to instruct and train folks. Of course, I would rather not wait until the end of the next decade to actually get started.
Add to Mixx!

Comments

  1. Fingers crossed that things will improve. I've noticed gas going up by .20 again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just paid $1.65 a gallon today. A week ago, I paid $1.37 I think. If one believes Peter Schiff (see story on my blog), then all commodities will increase in price as the govt. spends piles of money.

    If you are like me and don't have the luxury to invest in commodities as Peter Schiff can, then I guess we just have to stockpile the food and household basics to plan for the hyperinflation future. I don't know anyone who thinks the future looks very good now. I hope they are wrong and the recession turns around sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief