Next Casualty?


Something is up at work. Upper management was meeting Monday morning. Telecommuting was canceled for the week because of one or more meetings to be held. Some folks think there will be salary cuts (the best outcome) or layoffs. We had massive layoffs a year ago and have slowly lost people (including additional layoffs) during the year.

I strongly suspect if there are layoffs, I'll be among them. Technical writers are not considered as important as a variety of other positions. I've been laid off twice before in my life so I know things I need to do. However, now I am 61 and will likely have a harder row to hoe. We'll see what today brings.
Add to Mixx!

Comments

  1. Best of luck, Roger. Hope it's not you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do get laid off, you can help Melissa & I start a business. We're thinking about starting a non-profit. By the way, you've received a Major Award from me on my blog today. Congrats!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate