Oscar Nominations: Best Picture


Although now I am too poor to see very many movies, last year I did manage to see all of the Oscar nominees for Best Motion Picture of the Year:
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (Paramount and Warner Bros.), A Kennedy/Marshall Production, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
  • Frost/Nixon” (Universal), A Universal Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and Working Title Production, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Eric Fellner, Producers
  • Milk” (Focus Features), A Groundswell and Jinks/Cohen Company Production, Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, Producers
  • The Reader” (The Weinstein Company), A Mirage Enterprises and Neunte Babelsberg Film GmbH Production, Nominees to be determined
  • Slumdog Millionaire” (Fox Searchlight), A Celador Films Production, Christian Colson, Producer
My reviews of each of these fine films appear on this blog. Click the movies or film tag to view all reviews. I usually have a favorite, but all of these movies are excellent choices. I think Slumdog Millionaire or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the likely winner. If I were casting a vote, I would select The Reader. So place your bets.
Add to Mixx!

Comments

  1. I've not seen any of these movies, but I'll probably to try to eventually see The Reader, as I've read the book and thought it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief