Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Nominations: Best Picture


Although now I am too poor to see very many movies, last year I did manage to see all of the Oscar nominees for Best Motion Picture of the Year:
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (Paramount and Warner Bros.), A Kennedy/Marshall Production, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Ce├ín Chaffin, Producers
  • Frost/Nixon” (Universal), A Universal Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and Working Title Production, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Eric Fellner, Producers
  • Milk” (Focus Features), A Groundswell and Jinks/Cohen Company Production, Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, Producers
  • The Reader” (The Weinstein Company), A Mirage Enterprises and Neunte Babelsberg Film GmbH Production, Nominees to be determined
  • Slumdog Millionaire” (Fox Searchlight), A Celador Films Production, Christian Colson, Producer
My reviews of each of these fine films appear on this blog. Click the movies or film tag to view all reviews. I usually have a favorite, but all of these movies are excellent choices. I think Slumdog Millionaire or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the likely winner. If I were casting a vote, I would select The Reader. So place your bets.
Add to Mixx!