Good Easter Weekend

What a nice Easter weekend I just had! My friends Janie and Darrell have been wanting me to visit their church in Pleasant Hill, TN. This past weekend, it happened, and I had a very good Easter weekend.

The Uplands Retirement Village is a central part of Pleasant Hill. Many of the people who live there are retired UCC clergy and missionaries, so the median age is rather high. However, with all of the activities and intellectual forces there, Uplands is anything but a typical retirement community. This community and the church are very involved in social justice issues. They walk the walk rather than talk the talk.

Since I'm struggling with finances, having received no unemployment benefits in over a month (another post, I promise), I had to depend on the hospitality of my friends and the good people in Pleasant Hill. Such hospitality and friendship are rare, and I was very blessed. I hope to visit people there again. What a special place!

Bookmark and Share

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you had a nice Easter. Please - don't go without. If you need something, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thank you so much for offering. I'm cutting back on lots of things, but I'm not going without food or health care, which are essential. You are very kind. I hope you get settled into your new home soon and really start to think about it as home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief