I make mine in a bread machine to make it super easy. Please note that I weigh instead of measure many ingredients for best results.
The lecithin is the real secret to the lightness of this bread. You can find it in some health food stores or on Amazon. I can't find it at Kroger, Publix, or Aldi. Maybe Walmart has it, but I wouldn't count on it, but look where the baking soda/powder or wheat gluten are sold.
- 1 1/4 cups water at 105-110 degrees (use a kitchen thermometer for accuracy)
- 1 package of dry yeast (dissolved in the water)
- 45 grams of butter softened at room temperature (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin
- 420 grams bread flour (this is a bit over three cups unsifted if you don't have a scale)
Add all ingredients at once to a bread machine and set to French bread cycle (for the crusty result). Please let me know if you try this and like it.