...that commitment that we have made...

Well, I'm late to the party as usual in commenting on last night's debate, but I'm lucky enough to have a life outside of the Internet that helps pay my bills.

I'll keep it short. Palin did not have a meltdown. She came off as if she had crammed for a final exam and she smiled a lot. She probably reassured her far right supporters, which she had to do.

Biden kept away mostly from the long answers for which he is famous. He stayed on message about how the working class are suffering and need real change and that McCain is just more of the same. Palin really never answered that charge. How could she? It's true.

I like today's NY Times editorial, which sums up how many of us think of last night's performance.
While Gov. Sarah Palin beat expectations of her performance at Thursday night’s vice-presidential debate with Senator Joseph Biden, she offered little proof that she is qualified for the post. [NY Times]
BTW, can you diagram this Palin quote from last night's debate? I'm not sure if I have the punctuation right.
Again, John McCain and I, that commitment that we have made, and we're going to follow through on that, getting rid of that corruption."

Comments

  1. I believe I see three subjects in that, um, sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a student in my class wrote that sentence, they would fail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate