The folder iTunes cannot be found or created

Have you had this error with iTunes? I did. I moved my music to an external hard drive, because my 5yo laptop only has a 40 GB hard drive. Once I moved the music, I got this iTunes error. I searched and found the answer, but you have to be willing to do a bit of Windows registry code editing.

I didn't think the instructions I found were easy enough for everyone, so I have rewritten them in short, easy steps. It's not hard, but be careful.

Follow these steps:
  1. Click Start and Run.
  2. Enter "regedit" without the quotes in the dialog box and click OK.
  3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, find the following path:
    hkey_current_user - software - microsoft - windows - current version - explorer - shell folders
  4. Double-click My Music in the right pane.
  5. In the Value data field, enter the full path to your My Music folder, such as M:\My Music, and then click OK.
  6. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, find the following path:
    hkey_current_user - software - microsoft - windows - current version - explorer - USER shell folders
  7. Repeat steps 4 and 5.
  8. Restart iTunes.
This should fix your problem. It fixed mine.

Comments

  1. The best description by far. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extrememly well presented. Thank you for taking the time and the trouble to help others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief