Lunch at Chez Roger


Today was a good day. I had a phone interview for a 4-6 week contract job. No info. on the result yet, but even if I don't get the job, the interview was good practice.

Shannon and Melissa
came over for lunch this afternoon. I made homemade bread, salad, and spaghetti with meatless "meat" sauce. (I should have taken photos.) I served all of this Italian-style...as in a four hour lunch. Guys, that was a lot of fun!! Hope I didn't make you wait too long to eat.

They brought some high-fiber muffins (They must think I am "full of it."), which I am going to dig into tonight. Yes, I remember you told me only try one at a time. ;-)

They were kind enough to bring ice since my ice maker stopped working months ago. (Reminder to self: buy ice trays.) On the off chance I could get the ice maker working again, they brought a hair dryer too. (Why would I ever have one?) I thought the ice maker was frozen up, but I don't think that is the problem. Right now, being unemployed, I will go the ice tray route soon.

All three of us are unemployed, so having time to spend with friends is great! Too bad we all can't do that and still get a paycheck.
Add to Mixx!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief