Tears of Joy on the Inauguration of President Obama


I am sure many of you feel as I do today, full of hope and promise for our future. As I was glued to my television all morning, there were many moments when the tears of joy would overcome me.

This AP photo I think captures something uniquely American. Only people who have struggled as this nation has with the issue of race can imagine what today means to each of us, regardless of race. From slavery, to abolition, to reconstruction, to Jim Crow, to struggle and strife, to civil rights, to today's inauguration, the inauguration of President Obama is something of what dreams are made.
Add to Mixx!

Comments

  1. Yeah, I spent most of the day on the computer and at the TV.

    I have to admit I got a bit misty-eyed myself. When Joseph Lowery gave his speech, I couldn't help but think of MLK and of how much he would have wanted to have been in DC today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I've been sniffling all day. I'm so relieved to have a grown-up in charge again! Especially this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell's Soup Takes Stand Against Hate

Little Town Beseeches Obama’s Health Chief