If you don't have DISH satellite television, then this little trick won't be of concern to you. I think DISH's search function is clunky. I sometimes find a program or movie I want to record, but I already have something set to record. What is a fellow (or gal) to do?
Assuming you are starting at the programming grid, follow these steps:
- Highlight the program or movie in the grid you want to record and press Select on your remote.
- Select DISH Pass and press Select.
- Select Create Timer and press Select. When the search is complete, a list of all instances of the program or movie in the next approximately ten days appears.
- Select the instance in the list you want to record.
- Press Info and write down or remember the channel number, date, and time of the instance.
- Select Delete and press Select to delete the DISH Pass timer you just created.
- Select Yes and press Select.
- Select Done and press Select and repeat again.
- Return to the programming grid and select the program you noted and set it to record.
BTW, if you have DirecTV, please know that radical right-wing mogul, Rupert Murdock, owns a substantial share of that company. He's the same fellow who brings you the Fox Noise Network.